Search This Blog

Monday, June 12, 2017

Chapter 8 Causalities


Yesterday’s report reading had left Renjith more determined to get to the end of this and bring closure to the families of the victims

As he arranged previous reports and data that he had researched and collated,

He reached for his great granddad’s dairy once again   but this time he had an ominous feel to it

But yet he gulped on and opened it any way

Date: 28/8/1920

Dearest dairy,

I dont know what to say I have lost it all everything has been lost my family has been ripped apart

Thanks to the Khilafat movement.

And to its goons   they buried my dreams and wishes in the courtyard of my home

Here she sleeps like a bride waiting to be awoken by a kiss

Here they sleep like princess and princes after a long days play

With them shall my soul lay in wait for my body to join in eternal slumber?

And union till that day dawns   I shall wait painfully and do all my duty

As dictated by fate

But yet in all this gloom there is one ray of hope I can cling to my youngest son

 Has survived by some miracle of the gods 

But I know I shall not see her again never feel her

Here her whine and croon again never see her kiss me through squinted eyes

My lady my love my other half

How have I failed to save you from the bestiality that was trespassed on you?

I can’t describe   the form I saw you in your head chopped of your eyes those black deep eyes gouged out

Cut marks on your body   those monsters didn’t spare in death I saw   they violated you in the vilest form

Our kids were just chopped up and scattered in the courtyard

Today the old Shanmukham Raman Nair Is dead

It is my rebirth today 



Regards

Shanmukham Raman Nair



Renjith was pained to see the transformation of man pressurized by fate and circumstance from a happy go lucky   person to a stoic no-nonsense hard working aristocrat who never showed any emotion what so ever

Sachindra Shanmukham Raman Nair placed his hand on his grand child and spoke

“ Now you see  why  my father was so  aloof  when you asked question  he was what you might call  a quintenssenal  Victorian  gentlemen  who buried there pain and sufferings within himself  and  moved on with their life

In those days it   was not considered proper for a man to show his emotions there for he dedicated himself to his job and rebuilt the family

He was a wonderful man turned to stone by the rebellion

You could say that the greatest causality of any conflict was the jovial mind my father is a prime example of a physiologically dead person

Look closely you can see that he has changed his handwriting to my mother’s”

 Renjith was reminded yet again that it was true the first causality was always the inner person and by changing his handwriting to that of his wife’s his great grandfather was tenuously holding on to her distant memories for hope and comfort  

No comments:

Post a Comment