Search This Blog

Monday, June 12, 2017

Chapter 9 Broken families


It has been a week since Renjith had red the dairy entry that his great grandad wrote 

In  his spare time he  would  close his  eyes and  think  what  might  have   went through the  families  that went through this ordeal  ???

He shuddered to think of the orphans and widows   that this incessant bloodletting had 

 And frustrate him   due to the fact that the person who was to shock him was none other than the father of the nation

Unknowing this the young man took   the dairy yet again   and turned to a page to revel an entry that would shake him even more







Date: 2/9/1920



Dear Dairy,



I  dont know  what  should  I do  should I cry of the pain  or  get myself  admitted  to  an  Insane  Asylum

The so called paragon of peace is nothing but a wolf dressed in sheeps clothing 

Apparently that dastardly two faced liar not only tacitly approved of this genocide but had the Gail to justify this most 

Barbaric of acts he has   the vanity of calling those who destroyed my family 

Among the bravest in the land. They are brave God-fearing Moplas who were fighting for what they consider as religion and in a manner which they consider as religious. Whilst I was in Calcutta, I had what seemed definitive information that there were only three cases of forced conversions ... but I do not think it seriously interferes with Hindu-Muslim Unity.

To   hell with Hindu Muslim unity if this is the kind of unity he wants 

It sickens me to write but I end this horrid dairy entry with some simple but haunting questions

If not the rebellion who is responsible for the death of 1500 of my brethren?

If not the madness who is responsible for 2000 force full conversions??

All these questions will have to answered 

And you Mr. Gandhi shall be judged by fate herself this I promise

Regards

Shanmukham Raman Nair



This was the moment that Renjith’s mind snapped for him this was the time he had to face the bitter truth

He called in to question the whole histyograph that was thought to him

All his life he had labeled himself a secularist and had represented the 

Classical nehruvian   string of though so much was he deeply wedded with this thought that he would 

Sly anyone who he saw as a right winger   with what he thought as “facts”

But after reading this all that was called in to question

With raging anger and doubt in his mind he proceeded to read the dairy once more

Date: 6/9/1920



Dear Dairy,

I have asked my remaining relatives to send for   my son to move with me

The young boy might be living through a hellish nightmare now

I have arrange for his admission to the Maharaja's College in Mysore

As I have also been transferred as Chief sectary to the H.H. the maharajahs government of Mysore

I am supposed to report in a months’ time this will be welcome change to my dearest son

As this will allow him to start a new   in a foreign land and me himself busy 

I   wish that he   follows me in to the ICS   but then I think he is the master of

His own destiny

But I   do  pray to  god  that  he has the  courage to  face  up  to life  

My  dear  boy  has  gone through  a lot and  I feel  like a monster   for  putting him through this   but then he  needs a change

Regards

Shanmukham Raman Nair



Renjith was once again lost in thought   he closed his eyes and thought of the exodus that his grandfather had to face as a young man 

And drifted off to a fitful sleep






No comments:

Post a Comment